Emerging Leaders society
Become a leader. Join the next generation of do-gooders. It all starts with a donation and a desire to make a difference.
United Way’s Emerging Leaders Society leverage the power of United Way to help new community leaders become not only donors but the next generation of do-gooders. Emerging Leaders Society (ELS) strives to combat community issues through:
- hands-on volunteerism
- professional networking events
- educational and leadership opportunities
As an Emerging Leader, you’ll receive invitations to roll up your sleeves and volunteer, fun and fancy networking events, and opportunities to learn from community and business leaders.
ELS wants to recognize people for all of their charitable efforts. Maybe you serve on a nonprofit board, help out at your church, or just love to pitch in when you can at a community event. However you choose to give back to the Kennebec Valley, we thank you. To truly LIVE UNITED, we need so much more than dollars and cents, so dig in and show this community how Emerging Leaders can make an impact—not just today but for generations to come.
Participate as much or as little as you'd like:
- Networking events and relationship building – Exclusive invitations to all United Way events, networking opportunities, and an ELS Annual Reception.
- Hands-on volunteer projects – Be rewarded for the time you spend volunteering. Easily find and track volunteer hours that align with your interests and schedule, and participate in ELS-only volunteer projects.
- Public appreciation – Recognition in our Leadership Book, other publications and website.
- Private tours – Chance to visit United Way partner agency sites with fellow members to see firsthand the needs of the community and how you can help.
- Join the Advisory Council – Attend Advisory Council meetings to guide the work of ELS and identify causes and projects that matter to you.
Membership in ELS is open to anyone who wishes to improve the quality of life in Kennebec County, nurture leadership and philanthropy skills, and give back to the community. You can join at the various membership levels listed below by donating both time and money. Our gradual step-up plan helps you prepare to continuously increase your thoughtfulness over time.
How to Join
The best way to join ELS is by completing the form at the top of this page. A staff member will be in touch with you to relay next steps. Otherwise, you can:
Make Your Gift
Complete your annual pledge form through your workplace or otherwise. Choose to make an ongoing payroll deduction or a one-time contribution. Be sure to check the "Emerging Leader" box. We will follow up with a welcome package and more information.
Donate Your Time
How you obtain your volunteer hours is completely up to you. United Way will not provide all of your volunteer hours, but we encourage everyone to search for local volunteer positions that suit their schedule and interests through our robust VolunteerME web platform. This is the platform you must use to track your volunteer hours throughout the year. Your annual hours are due by December 31 each year.
For more information, contact Katelyn Pushard, Community Engagement Manager, at email@example.com.