Emerging Leaders society
Become a leader. Join the next generation of philanthropists. It all starts with a donation and a desire to make a difference.
United Way's new Emerging Leaders Society is a network of dynamic, civic-minded people who make an annual gift of $400 or more and commit to volunteering. As an Emerging Leader, you’ll receive invitations to roll up your sleeves and volunteer, fun and fancy networking events, and opportunities to learn from community and business leaders.
ELS wants to recognize people for all of their charitable efforts. Maybe you serve on a nonprofit board, help out at your church, or just love to pitch in when you can at a community event. However you choose to give back to the Kennebec Valley, we thank you. To truly LIVE UNITED, we need so much more than dollars and cents, so dig in and show this community how Emerging Leaders can make an impact—not just today but for generations to come.
Participate as much or as little as you'd like:
- Networking events and relationship building – Exclusive invitations to all United Way events, networking opportunities, and an ELS Annual Reception.
- Hands-on volunteer projects – Be rewarded for the time you spend volunteering. Easily find and track volunteer hours that align with your interests and schedule, and participate in ELS-only volunteer projects.
- Public appreciation – Recognition in our Leadership Book, other publications and website.
- Private tours – Chance to visit United Way partner agency sites with fellow members to see firsthand the needs of the community and how you can help.
- Join the Advisory Council – Attend Advisory Council meetings to guide the work of ELS and identify causes and projects that matter to you.
Membership in ELS is open to anyone who wishes to improve the quality of life in Kennebec Valley, nurture leadership and philanthropy skills, and give back to the community. You can join at the various membership levels listed below by donating both time and money. Our gradual step-up plan helps you prepare to continuously increase your support to United Way over time.
GIFT + TIME = LEADERSHIP
- Step 1: $400 + 30 volunteer hours
- Step 2: $500 + 20 volunteer hours
- Step 3: $600 + 10 volunteer hours
At $700, you officially join the United Way Leadership Circle.
How to Join
The best way to join ELS is by completing the form at the top of this page. A staff member will be in touch with you to relay next steps. Otherwise, you can:
Make Your Gift
Complete your annual pledge form through your workplace or otherwise. Choose to make an ongoing payroll deduction or a one-time contribution. Be sure to check the "Emerging Leader" box. We will follow up with a welcome package and more information.
Donate Your Time
How you obtain your volunteer hours is completely up to you. United Way will not provide all of your volunteer hours, but we encourage everyone to search for local volunteer positions that suit their schedule and interests through our robust VolunteerME web platform. This is the platform you must use to track your volunteer hours throughout the year. Your annual hours are due by December 31, 2018.
For more information, contact email@example.com.
Current ELS Members
Amy Abbott, Kennebec Savings Bank*
Shane Abbott, Maine State Credit Union
Andrew Altmaier, State of Maine
Julie Armstrong, Kennebec Savings Bank*
Alicia Beaulieu, KV Federal Credit Union*
Adrienne Bennett, Kennebec Savings Bank
Heather Dubord, Children's Center
Jade Freeman, Kennebec Savings Bank
*Advisory Council member
Kristin Grant, Kennebec Savings Bank*
Elizabeth Jean, Bangor Savings Bank
Mark Levesque, On Target Utility Services
Chelsea Moeller, MaineGeneral Health*
Matthew Newell, Central Maine Power
Jessica Norton, Kennebec Savings Bank*
Soo Parkhurst, O&P Glass*
Katelyn Pushard, Children's Center*
Michelle Richardson, Kennebec Savings Bank
Linda Riley, Children's Center
Sarah Schultz Nielson, Lithgow Public Library
Deidrah Stanchfield, State of Maine
Crystal Sullivan, Maine Judicial Branch
Brittany Tainter, J.S. McCarthy Printers
Michael Tardiff, Chair, J.S. McCarthy Printers*
Natalie Tortorella, Combined Benefits United
Chris Voynik, KV Chamber of Commerce*
Alicia Wing, Kennebec Savings Bank